Monday, May 4, 2020

Its time...

I've realized that writing things down has been therapeutic for me in so many ways. Our lives have looked so different these past months. I have time to sit, think and reflect more. This blog is a way I can document our lives. Whether its read or not is not important to me. It will be invaluable to me later as I relive the moments that are captured here.

School has been canceled for the rest of the year. Distance learning has been challenging for us. It took me a hot minute to realize, my kids are all grieving this loss. The loss of not doing life with their teacher and others at school whom they have grown to love. The loss of fun memories and events they look forward to each year. Sometimes they ugly cry, sometimes they are mad, sometimes they are frustrated and I get it.


But sometimes, sweet friends drop off fun books for us to read.


 Sometimes we go for long walks when the weather is so nice.


 Sometimes we play badminton in the front yard.


 Sometimes we find fuzzy worms, we name them, and make fun homes for them.


And always, I am giddy over fresh farm eggs that are so beautiful, this picture does not do them justice.

We are doing our best to fill our days with good times and with thankful hearts.
God is SO good and we are so blessed, and its ok to cry sometimes.

No comments: