Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I Tim.6: 6 Godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and we can take nothing out of it.

Lately I have been constantly asking myself...."Am I content?" Not contentment with what I have, but with who I am. Am I content being wife? Am I content being a mother? Am I content to fold that pile of laundry? Am I content to wash another dirty dish? You know what I am talking about. Then I read a verse like this and I am reminded that even what I am has been given to me by God. When I start focusing on what I am thankful for, I forget that I even had a reason to not be content. So today I am making a list of what I am thankful for.

Thankful for the little walk I took outside with my daughter.

Thankful for Jay and his hard work ethic.

Thankful for such great neighbors.

Thankful for all the wonderful friendships I have.

Thankful that I have clothes to fold and dishes to eat off of.

Thankful that I am a mother.

...and yes, thankful to be a wife.

2 comments:

~The White family~ said...

So true! Thanks for sharing and giving me some of my own ideas of being thankful, today and everyday!! It was so nice seeing you on Sunday!!! We are going to have to have you guys over for dinner one of these nights (if you don't mind hanging out with us and our 5 little monsters ;)!!!

michele said...

You have such a wonderful spirit. And you have a grateful heart, I love this about you!