Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What I am Thankful for....

This Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for...
a wonderful family, caring friends and a God who never fails!
But this Thanksgiving I am especially grateful for one thing...the perspective that He has given my daughter. On our long car ride home she randomly announced all the things she was thankful for with the innocence of a child. Among them were...I am thankful for my family... that I have a dad and a mom. I am thankful that we can buy things when we need them. I am thankful that I am not poor.
The last one took me by complete surprise. So simple, but so profound. Perhaps the recent outing to fill our Operation Christmas Child boxes was fresh on her mind. We had watched several videos with children who had just received a gift for the first time. Whatever her reason, I did not ask. It was enough to hear from her little mind and heart that she has gained true perspective in life, one that I pray she will not easily forget.  May I never take for granted the things that God has given me and always be grateful for what I have...to be mindful of others in need and give with generous abandon. Thank you Father...for these little reminders from the heart of a child.

No comments: