Monday, January 27, 2014

One Word...

Last year I was challenged to pick a word to inspire me, to encourage me and to bring purpose.There are so many resolutions, goals etc. that one can aspire to. One word helped me to keep everything in focus and to accomplish those goals. God gave me the word HOPE...and He knew I would need it. There were so many situations throughout the year that God did give me HOPE. Hope for a friend who's family has a very serious heart condition. Hope for a close family friend who has suffered from a brain injury. Hope when I did not understand why God took a little one from us, before we even had a chance to meet them.  Encouragement from friends when Jay was gone on long trips to China. Hope that I will see my grandpa again someday. My heart was burdened also to pray for the youth in our community who have lost hope.  I was inspired to bring hope to others and I pray that I did.

This year I also began thinking about what word I should choose. Many came to mind, but just didn't seem right. One word kept coming up often. FAITHFUL. I heard it in the words of a familiar hymn. Great is Thy Faithfulness. Yes, He has already shown Himself faithful many, many times over the years. I will choose to focus on the ways HE IS faithful this year as well. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;Great is Your faithfulness.
 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,“Therefore I hope in Him!” Lamentations 3:22-24
When times come that are hard I will cling to this verse.
 I will also be working on this in my own life this year. To be more faithful in Bible reading on my own and with my children. I want to be more faithful at encouraging others as I have been encouraged.  It will be hanging up in my home to remind me of HIS great faithfulness!

No comments: