Sunday, October 11, 2015

Jaron Isaac

We are so blessed that God has chosen to give us another precious life. Jaron Isaac joined our family Sept. 22nd at 6:55pm.
As with all of our kids we chose to wait and find out what our baby would be and pick out two names, one for a boy and one for a girl. Every time we have picked out a name for our children, one always seems to stand out more than the others. I think of in the Bible how people decided to name their children after certain experiences in life  or what they were going through at that specific time and ours have been no different. God has given each of our children to us with a special meaning.

Jaron means " to sing out" and its Hebrew origin means " the cry of rejoicing". I loved this name as soon as we found it and its meaning made it even more special. Nathaniel enjoys singing and he has requested almost every night a song to be sung before bed time. Many times we would end up singing many songs together as a family. It was a very special bonding time for all of us and our kids all have loved it. One night after singing together all of us watched as baby Jaron moved around inside my belly as if to say, "I like this too".

For me it has a special personal meaning. As many of you know, our Nathaniel came into this world weighing a very big 10 lbs. 11 oz.  There were many nights toward the end of my pregnancy with Jaron, that I was up at night praying, asking God for this baby to come before it was also too big. One of these nights the only verse that kept coming to mind was Ps. 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.
I said it over and over until I fell asleep. It comforted my soul. The next morning I woke up feeling rested, but discouraged. Nothing had happened. It is amazing how quickly we can go from trust to doubt, but that very next morning He reminded me once again at church,

You are the strength of my heart
You are the strength of my heart
I can rely on You, I can rely on You
You are the joy of my life
You are my SONG IN THE NIGHT
There is no one as true
Jesus I trust in You
The words jumped off of the screen at me and I was flooded with conviction and peace once again.
I wish I could say it only took a couple reminders for me to trust His timing, but there were many.
Every reminder, however only affirmed that the name we had picked out was truly a perfect fit and we would be having a boy.
There are a few times in life where time itself seems to stand still for a moment. One of them is when your child enters the world. Once again God gave me peace and strength as our midwife, without request put on some background music when I was in labor.
I was not surprised, when I first saw him. God is good and there were cries of rejoicing. We love you Jaron Isaac!

No comments: